Thursday, October 26, 2017

I See Drunk People


Can I tell you a secret?

I see drunk people.

In my dreams? 

No. I see them while I'm awake in bars, in homes, at parties. They're everywhere...

Do they know they're drunk? 

I don't think so. They don't seem to notice. Some seem happy and some seem sad. And, they all seem to drink more no matter how they feel. But, I don't think they know they're drunk. Or, getting drunker.

Does it help them?

I don't think so. But, they do. They think it relieves stress. Or, makes them more social, or dance better. And, some even think it makes them better Karaoke singers.

Does it hurt them?

Yes. And, they know it. But, they do it anyway. They see only what they want to see.

Can they be helped?

Yes. But, they must be willing to help themselves. Stopping is hard at first. But, it gets easier with time. And, there are lots of places to get help.

Do you want to see them stop drinking?

Yes. I don't want to see drunk people anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment