Sunday, October 8, 2017

One Week Not Weak



Today marks one week of no alcohol. It was easier than I thought it would be. That is not to say that I did not work at it.

I watched a daily video from James Swanwick who runs a 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge.  Part of James' program includes a private Facebook group which I joined.  I also joined another closed Facebook group that basically does the same thing.  I have accountability partners in both groups. I am active in both groups and reach out to my accountability partners everyday. I also write in the Blog everyday.  So, I am paying attention to the process.

I have not yet had any "real" tests. Most of my drinking was done at home. Wine was my go-to drink everyday before and during dinner. But, I was at home all week and I was okay. I was even okay the night my wife opened a bottle of our favorite Cabernet. My determination is to get to the 30 days is strong.

Today, I face my real test. My wife and I will visit a couple whom we always had drinks with. And, later we'll got to dinner at a restaurant where we always had drinks with dinner. One thing I have learned in this past week is how pervasive alcohol is in my life and in society. Alcohol is Everywhere.

I am keeping my why's at the forefront of my mind. And, after one week, I am not weak. I am strong!




No comments:

Post a Comment